Feb 13, 2010

Generation gap ( so called ) ......an excuse

@ kala ghoda film festival i met a person abt 55/60 years old, we were just sitting on d stair case of Max Muller bhavan & waiting for d entry in d auditorium. suddenly dis person start a conversation abt films, i was in a no mood of talking bt it might look rude, so i just smile & listen wat he was saying.

he was talking abt how he love film, specially foreign films, & how his son dn't like foreign films bt like Bollywood movies. i feel he want some1 2 listen, so just listening empathetically wid sum nodding 2 agree wid him. he was married & has 2 daughter & a son (offcoure wife) & he was saying dat his son doesn't listen him. i feel its logical, der is a generation gap but dn't interrupt him & said nothing. he was talking on d same issue..................

.........................................& suddenly i saw my father's face in him, saying d same words, my son dn't listen 2 me, he dn't hv time for me.....i was shattered, couldn't explain my feeling......was numb & thinking wat my father was feeling abt dis.

suddenly feel symphathy for dis person, i just smile as d door is opened & waiting public are allowed inside d auditorium, we both went in d Que.....

but dis conversation really make me very uncomfortable & disturb .......& force to rethink & evaluate!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment